Saturday 9: High Noon (1952) Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 1) What will you be (or were you) doing at high noon on Saturday? Starting to clean the yard... OR, finishing. I can't think of plants because although its 70, its going to snow again next week
2) In this song, Tex Ritter sings he doesn't know what fate awaits him. How strong is your sense of intuition? Tell us about a time you knew what would happen before it occurred. My second marriage. Too much shit was being pulled that I wasn't 'supposed' to even know about. I knew I couldn't live that way much longer
3) This song was the theme of a hit movie western by the same name. It starred Gary Cooper as a small-town sheriff. When did you last interact with a member of law enforcement? The sheriff held the door for me at the post office a few days ago. Dang, he is EASY on the eyes!
4) Grace Kelly co-starred as the "fair-haired beauty" mentioned in this song. Four years later, she gave up films to become Her Serene Highness, Princess Grace of Monaco. Which job seems like more fun -- movie star or royal? Movie star!
5) Though he cultivated a "just plain folk" persona, this week's featured artist, Tex Ritter, was really cosmopolitan and highly educated, earning a degree in economics from the University of Texas before going on to study pre-law at Northwestern. Do you think the "real you" is consistent with the image you convey?
Not by a long shot!
6) Tex Ritter was the father of Emmy-winning comedic actor, John Ritter. John is remembered fondly as the voice of Clifford, the Big Red Dog. Clifford appeals to children because he is "gentle, friendly, loyal, lovable and clumsy." Do any of those adjectives apply to you? I have red hair!!
7) Tex is also the grandfather of Jason Ritter, star of ABC-TV's Kevin (Probably) Saves the World. If you followed one of your grandparents into their line of work, what would you be doing? Grandpa Frichtel was a baker! My grandma and grandpa Dugan worked for the B&O
8) In 1952, the year "High Noon" was popular, Stopette, the first antiperspirant deodorant spray, was introduced. Do you use a deodorant spray, stick or roll on? I use GEL Antiperspirant and deodorant. Soft and Dri. 1. 75 at Dollar General
9) Random question: What's something you have always wanted to own, but never have?