Thursday, June 21, 2018

Shut Up and Dance

Shut Up + Dance

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Shut Up + Dance (2014) Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 1) This is about a man who meets the woman who is his destiny on the dance floor. Do you think we each have One Great Love preordained by fate? Or do you think life offers each of us many opportunities for romance? I think we have to WANT to have romance in our  lives. I think, as far as love goes, if we find it, we are blessed. I have an aunt and uncle married 68 years. Still hold hands, still kiss each other and they truly love one another. I am married to my now third husband who WAS my first husband. I had a marriage in between that burned me for life. My now husband and I married for practical reasons. Health and financial. He was here to help me as my health was declining. But...we were divorced for a reason and I have to keep reminding myself that I knew this going in. My heart breaks as I type this because I would love to have a passionate marriage to him. BUT...back to preordained or fate. I'm not sure what I believe anymore. If there is that one passionate lover for each of us, you could not prove that by me. I am beyond BLESSED to have someone who takes care of me, health wise, financially and in daily things, but to have someone that would be excited to see me, or come up behind me when I am unaware, of just really love the hell out of me...    


2) Lead singer Nick Petricca says this song is inspired by a true story. He was all keyed up and his girlfriend dragged him onto the dance floor, insisting that dancing would cheer him up. Therefore he considers this song an "anthem to letting go and having fun." Think of the last time you really had fun. Who were you with? What were you doing? This past weekend my sister took my 2 nieces and I to see Shania Twain at the Q in Cleveland. Although I was in a wheelchair and couldn't 'rock it' like the rest of the place, it was a perfect weekend. We stayed at my nieces place about 2 blocks away, we at at Margaritaville and I loved it.  Fun... not really in my cards. 


3) The dance floor incident that inspired this song took place in Echo Park, an LA neighborhood located near Elysian Park and Chinatown. Tell us about your village or city. Do the neighborhoods have interesting names? I live in Canfield OH. Home to Whitehouse Fruit Farms. http://www.whitehousefruitfarm.com/   We live out in the sticks, but our sticks is close to shopping and whatever else you need.  In our area we have, Stonebridge, WestFord Communities, Saddlebrook, Covington Cove, Blue  Heron... Here's a little ditty about the town... https://www.bestplaces.net/city/ohio/canfield 


4) Walk the Moon promoted this record by a performance on Good Morning America. Are you enthusiastic and energetic at 7:00 AM? Or do you hit your stride later in the day? I am energetic about 11 pm when the rest of the world is turning in, I am ready to roll!!


5) "Shut Up + Dance" is the biggest hit by Walk the Moon. The bandmembers met as at Kenyon, Ohio's oldest private college. Tell us about something that's old and revered where you live. The Canfield Fair. https://canfieldfair.com/press-release/     https://canfieldfair.com/  


6) Walk the Moon took their name from the Police song, "Walking on the Moon." What's your favorite song by Sting and/or The Police? Hahahahah, Don't Stand So Close To Me !!!


7) In 2014, the year this song was popular, Robin Williams took his own life. What's your favorite Robin Williams performance? Mork



8) Also in 2014, the Apple Watch was introduced. Are you wearing a watch as you answer these 9 questions? No


9) Random question -- You must create a coat of arms for yourself, representing your life and spirit. Which of these items would you place at the center: a heart, a sword, or a pen?
A pen. 
ADF3968DD98C8CA0B66C62F3059ED0DB

No comments:

Post a Comment