Sunday, March 11, 2018

March 10, 2018

Write from Karen

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on the WTIT Blog with Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from, if possible. We also provide a link to the victim's questions in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post. Cheers to all of us thieves!
These questions from Karen at Write from Karen.  Karen is married and mom of two grown sons.  She says, "I believe in Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Writing Well. (I also believe in our Constitution – Don’t Tread on my Rights, Yo)" 1. What’s the coolest item you’ve found at a garage sale, flea market, etc? I haven't been to any of the above for years. BUT... summer's coming!
download
2. Describe how your day went yesterday. Well, we didn't have family breakfast. I blame myself for not checking on or with my sister during the week. I did stop at her house though, today, to take her a shamrock plant, but she wasn't home.      I took Brenden, Paul's grandson, to Flynns to get new tires  and whatever else guys do at Flynns.... I do want to give a shout out to them though... about 3 weeks ago I had a slow leak in my tire. They fixed it for just 20. and said its guaranteed for LIFE. Brenden went to NTB for his auto things and they wanted 1000. I suggested Flynns last night, but you know kids. Well, he came home from NTB and said, would you follow me to Flynns, I  should have listened to you first. Flynns was only 600. I felt 'smart' for 2.6 seconds.
download (1) 3. Do you have issues with people entering your personal space? What do you do when your personal space is violated? Yes, I have trouble with people being in my space. They tend to not only INVESTIGATE my desk, my email, my shit....but they leave it, and I have to rearrange my mess!!! 
images 4. What is the one meal recipe you think you’ve mastered? Nothing. I suck at cooking. BUT I did make my grandma's chop suey last week. With a bit of tweeking, I could master THAT. 
Mushroom-Chop-Suey-Recipe-4x3 5.  If you could take back something you did to someone, what would it be? From my cousin Susan. And I'd really rather not give the details. Oh... and Mrs. Jones. I was a horrible child. Oh... and Mrs Haan. 
download (2) 6. Would you describe yourself as spiritual, religious, or something else? I am a follower of Christ.
images (1) 7. Did you ever receive detention in school? What sort of kid were you in school – bookworm, smart kid, troublemaker, quiet … etc. Well, affirmative on the detention. I was a talker. 
26113934_927336804084977_1381982239916522375_n 8. When’s the last time you ran a mile? How often do you exercise? Ran? well I have never run. Due to the boot for life on my left foot, I haven't done anything in awhile. Walking, is my exercise of choice. 
images (2) 9. What would you say to your 16-year-old self, and why? STOP seeking attention from the boys. Listen to gram and SLOW DOWN on the ice cream. And don't think so poorly of yourself. FINISH college when you get there, and marriage? Wait.... til your 50
images (3) 10. What are you avoiding? Getting my knees replaced. But, its too far to the point of ignoring it anymore. Walking for me is hell. I should tell my 16 year old self to not enjoy eating so much. And don't be a baker. You'll end up a lard ass. "Crisco...fat in the can", as my dad used to say.
images (4) 11. Describe a “Hah! I told you so” moment you had recently. This morning, with Brenden going to Flynns ;) 
download (3) 12. What’s more important, where you live or what you do for a living? Why? What you do for a living. Make that money and save and spend wisely, then when you get to the point you can do  your job better than anyone, pick a place where you can take that skill and live where you love. 
images (5) 13. Swear words: Are you pro or con? Why? Well, as a Christian, I should be con. BUT I have always questioned 'Why' are certain words swear words. Shit, for example... I revisit that word at least once a day! Damn. Hell. Idk. 
images (6) 14. Paper or plastic? Do you prefer to pack your own groceries? HELL no, I don't like to pack my own groceries. But I do it at Aldis. But, I prefer paper, personally. But Brenden can hook all my plastics onto his arms and make one trip!!
download (4) 15. Do you have a shoe fetish? How often do you buy new shoes? Do you ever get rid of a pair of shoes?
I have a ton of shoes. In fact, I keep buying new ones, but I can only wear ONE shoe. So I've stopped buying and  took quite a few pair to the Rescue Mission. When I am bootless, I'll shop again.
 images (7)
ADF3968DD98C8CA0B66C62F3059ED0DB

No comments:

Post a Comment