Saturday, March 24, 2018

Sweet Disaster

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! Sweet Disaster (2016) Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.


 1) This video begins outside a convenience store with a sign advertising beer, produce, lotto and an ATM. Will you buy beer, produce or a lotto ticket this weekend? Will you visit an ATM?
No on the beer, yes to the produce and no to the lottery. And no to the ATM.
1


2) As the video progresses, fountain drinks and donuts are consumed. When you stop for a snack during a road trip, what do you usually grab?
Dunkin and a powdered sugar donut. BUT... I am on day 2 without sugar. 

3) The lyrics reference "a river of champagne." When did you last enjoy a spot of the bubbly?
2001. Boy I wish I had that entire day to do over again...
Wanaka-new-zealand-lake-wallpaper-Hd-1920x1440


4) The end of the video features sci-fi/horror images. Is that a genre you enjoy? If not, what kind of books do you read most often?
Oh crap, I forgot to pick up a book for my husband and I while I was out today. I think about genre of books, kind of books about life, are what I like. Jodi Picoult and the like. My husband likes any book you set before him. 

3


5) The trio that makes up The Dreamers are dyed-in-the-wool New Yorkers. If you could live in any city or village in the world, would you move or stay right where you are?
I love looking at Zillow, for perhaps my 'final move' in the next few years. I have temporarily settled on Cape Hatteras. Its a few years away, and with God's blessing...for now, I think that is it. ALTHOUGH, I would really like to have some family nearby. I don't know if in a few years my  cousins Mary Lou and Susan will be in Florida. My cousin Felicia lives 1/2 a year in Clearwater, and my step daughter lives in Fort Myers. Where will my sister and her husband be?  I get a rapid heart beat when I think about it, but then I have to stop and realize its not tomorrow. 
4


6) The Dreamers describe themselves as "impractical."  What about you? Do you consider yourself practical or impractical? Impractical. I don't prioritize,  I act on a whim, too often, and you know, there is still that sociopath part of me that I deal with. I have no impulse control. BUT, I am doing research and writing on MINDFULNESS. I'm not doing much better, but I have a funny feeling this is going to take a long while. 2 years? idk. 
5


7) They also won't "listen to those who doubt" them. Sometimes we find the ones who doubt us most are ourselves. What about you? Are you confident, or do you suffer from self doubt? Peruse #6. I think I am a sociopath with impulse control!!!  Lots of self doubt. 
6


8) Do you often remember your dreams? Always. 
7


9) Random question: Would you rather get $100 today, or $250 on this date a year from now?
I'll take the $250 and wait it out. :) 
8
ADF3968DD98C8CA0B66C62F3059ED0DB

No comments:

Post a Comment