Oh! My Papa
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Oh! My Papa (1954)
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) Eddie Fisher starred in a popular 1950s TV show, which was sponsored by Coca Cola. Do you have a favorite soft drink?
I don't drink soda very often. GingerAle if I do.
2) He was notorious for leaving his famous first wife for his very famous second wife. Can you name either of the women involved in this Hollywood scandal?
Carrie Fisher?3) His oldest daughter, Carrie Fisher, is best known as Princess Leia from Star Wars. Are you a sci-fi fan?
Guess she's not his WIFE! I used to like sci fi. Twilight Zone etc... but not anymore
4) Since Sam's father is particular about his footwear and likes "a good pair of Cole Haan loafers," her Father's Day present to him is a DSW gift card. If we were to give you a gift card to any store or restaurant, which would you choose?TJMaxx
5) Sam's father hates it when she swears. When is the last time your cursed?I have no idea
6) Sam's father is a voracious reader. So much so that the local librarian knows him on sight and by name. How often do you visit your neighborhood library?Never. I buy all my books on my tablet
7) "A good used car is a better investment than a new car." That's what Sam's dad tells her when she's in the market for wheels. Share some other words of financial wisdom with us.
If you don't have the cash for it, don't buy it.
8) Every car her father has ever owned had a pro-union bumper sticker. Do you have any bumper stickers on your vehicle?A Harley sticker, Huntington beach, Idora Park, Chihuahua and min pin window thingies.
9) To celebrate Father's Day, Sam is giving away her father's favorite candy: LifeSavers. Would you prefer a roll of Wild Cherry, Butter Rum, Winter Green or Peppermint?