Thursday, February 18, 2016

People...Honorable People.




I was thinking tonight about the people that have shaped my life. People who were committed and in it for the long haul. When you are  a child, its nice to have that one that looks over you like a parent. In my life, it was my Aunt Ann. I adored her, and my older cousin Sue, was who I always wanted to be like. My aunt and uncle are still married, and still in love. I think its been like 60 years. People like that, who are committed to each other, and to other people, have the most wonderful lives and raise the most amazing children.

As I got older, so many of my friends moms were so precious to u s. Taking us in and actually entertaining us on the weekends!! Except for Debbie's dad, who passed away  when we were in our 20s, and  the others whos parents have passed, the parents are still together. And... have  great k ids.

As I got older, I found it to be true that people that love each other, LOVE their kids, treat them with love and respect and it shows. I could start with my sister a nd her husband. 25 years.  My late sister in law and her husband. My ex's Aunt Peggy and Uncle Paul. 3 of  my best girlfriends... most over 30 years. There are a couple of numbskulls in their group, but there was much to do about nothing at one time or another. Not excusing them, but THEY too are g reat parents. Most all of my girlfriends are grandparents, except Kim, who adopted a son, on her own, 7 years  ago.

The world could surely use a lot more people that are responsible, loyal and committed. Not just to each other, but to their children. God Bless them. Life isn't easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment