Friday, June 21, 2013

saturday nine

Friday, June 21, 2013

Livin' on a Prayer

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


1) This song tells the tale of Tommy, who works on the docks, and Gina, who works in a diner. Where do you work?
I work at my school and I own a dog biscuit company

2) Jon Bon Jovi has said that he and Frank Sinatra are distant relatives. Tell us about one of your relatives. One relative has made such an impact on my life, I rarely even have a beer. My uncle Bob, at 70 was picked up for drunk driving. 1st time for ANY kind of offense. He was given FIVE YEARS probation. So he walked once a month to the court to sign in. On March 3 2009 my uncle was walking home in -5 degree weather. he had a snow parka on and his face was covered with a scarf and the hood tied tightly. A guy was pulling out of his driveway and didn't see my uncle. He knocked him over with his truck. He offered to take my uncle to the hospital but he was a hard head, and refused. When he got back home  he started feeling weak and called a friend to take him to the hospital. His friend called 911. When he got to the hospital he died. In a huge way this IS  a drunk driving stat and I will never let that happen to me.
  3) Jon and his high school sweetheart tied the knot in Vegas at the Graceland Wedding Chapel, and they remain married today. When you were in school, who did you fantasize about marrying? Where is that person today? I don't think I fantasized about marriage in high school. I was eighteen!!!!
  4) The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation is devoted to supplying local food pantries and helping rebuild neighborhoods hit by natural disasters. Here's your opportunity to give a shameless plug to a charity you support. I send money every month to the mahoning valley rescue mission.
  5) Jon is often complimented on his hair. What's the most recent compliment you've received? Dang Girl...ARE YOU LOSING WEIGHT! Fact is, I just havent had any desire for food in 4 weeks. The perks of being sick!
  6) Everyone talks about their favorite vacation spots. But, since Sam is crazy, she wants to hear about a place you visited that you wish never to return to. that place doesn't exist!
  7) When was the last time you played cards with an actual deck (as opposed to on your computer)? What game was it? Go Fish with my great niece Karlie. 
  8) Do you bite your nails?
No
 
9) Where are you as you answer these 9 questions? What's the view from where you sit?
In the dining room. I see Brenden painting the kitchen to the left, my awesome back yard straight ahead and my lawn guy over ~~~>

1 comment:

  1. Such a sad story about your uncle. And so interesting, too. It's one of those incidents that, if you saw it on TV or in a movie, you'd say, "OH, come on!" But it really happened and it was a tragedy.

    ReplyDelete