I need to hide from some bloggers as to not be tagged for these ‘thoughtful’ things.
How many thoughts do I have to have… maybe I am not getting the right idea on these.
One thing I am thankful for ( I think that is what this is about) is the ability to go and do. I thought I would be held up in the house with Paul all the time. Seems he is up and going, sometimes earlier than me.
Idk…give me 13 on Thursday instead…
o Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I have to call the Cleveland Clinic, to see where to get blood work for my Cleveland Doctor in Youngstown.
Now I have to go to a Lupus Class if the bloodwork comes back the same again. What IS Lupus, you ask… well its your lucky day!! What is lupus?
Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body). Chronic means that the signs and symptoms tend to last longer than six weeks and often for many years.
In lupus, something goes wrong with your immune system, which is the part of the body that fights off viruses, bacteria, and germs ("foreign invaders," like the flu). Normally our immune system produces proteins called antibodies that protect the body from these invaders. Autoimmune means your immune system cannot tell the difference between these foreign invaders and your body’s healthy tissues ("auto" means "self") and creates autoantibodies that attack and destroy healthy tissue. These autoantibodies cause inflammation, pain, and damage in various parts of the body.
Lupus is also a disease of flares (the symptoms worsen and you feel ill) and remissions (the symptoms improve and you feel better).
These are some additional facts about lupus that you should know:
· Lupus is not contagious, not even through sexual contact. You cannot "catch" lupus from someone or "give" lupus to someone.
· Lupus is not like or related to cancer. Cancer is a condition of malignant, abnormal tissues that grow rapidly and spread into surrounding tissues. Lupus is an autoimmune disease, as described above. However, some treatments for lupus may include immunosuppressant drugs that are also used in chemotherapy.
· Lupus is not like or related to HIV (Human Immune Deficiency Virus) or AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome). In HIV or AIDS the immune system is underactive; in lupus, the immune system is overactive.
· Lupus can range from mild to life-threatening and should always be treated by a doctor. With good medical care, most people with lupus can lead a full life.
· Our research estimates that at least 1.5 million Americans have lupus. The actual number may be higher; however, there have been no large-scale studies to show the actual number of people in the U.S. living with lupus.
· More than 16,000 new cases of lupus are reported annually across the country.
· It is believed that 5 million people throughout the world have a form of lupus.
· Lupus strikes mostly women of childbearing age (15-44). However, men, children, and teenagers develop lupus, too. Most people with lupus develop the disease between the ages of 15-44.
· Women of color are two to three times more likely to develop lupus than Caucasians.
· People of all races and ethnic groups can develop lupus.
o Now you know as much as I do!!
o Foot doctor AGAIN… tomorrow he is going to see if he can just go in and operate on my toe instead of a full blown amputation.
o I have to pick up one sweeper and drop off another. I am glad to be able to do that again. I used to take my vacuum to the shop every six months for a cleaning and a tune up. I took one last week and the other blew a belt. I miss Al and Pauline. They used to ‘throw in’ a few extra belts each time.
o Grocery shopping , Ink shopping, idk…the list goes on.
o Last week I was sitting watching television and I get a text from my sister …’I love you’. ??? wha? Tonight I get a text from my cousin Sue ‘ I need a weekend with you, I miss you so much.’ Come to the ATL without the rest of the family for a weekend. Who knew anyone gave a shit about ME? Not me, that’s fo shizzle.
o I have a follower on my Instagram account. Everytime I post, they give me a heart thing. I never knew who it was, no give away name in the summary , nothing. Tonight I was going through THEIR Instagram page and lo and behold, it’s a girl I went to high school with!!! Hahahah. I knew her by her dogs!! Smh.
o Idk about 13 of these either.
o Well, its been 5 weeks since my niece ‘ousted’ me from her life. I wonder if she is having a girl or a boy this time.
o I want to write to her. But this far into the ‘shutting me out’… I have no words. Seems the older I get, the less I tolerate BS. You want me out, I’m out. But I miss her kids…
o Seeing that JJ has moved on, and has a beautiful lady friend, has helped me so much. He really is a sexy man. The next woman to feel his hugs, and taste those kisses… is DAMNED lucky. Good luck J!!
o Ahhh no therapists at the house til MONDAY! I hate putting on clothes sometimes!! Monday is the plumber too. I am SO LIVID with him though… I may have to be out of the house when he comes. AND he best not charge us, either. Oh dicky men, such dickheads.
o FINALLY, 13. I can gripe 13 thoughts pretty easy, but 13 thankfuls… not always!!
Time for bed.