Thursday, December 3, 2015

Set One
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest? Jesus

2. Would you like to be famous? In what way? I would not. 

3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? No, because I KNOW why I am calling.

4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you? Up early, devotions, all my things around the house done and a nice snowfall...

5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? I sing all the time. Usually just to myself, or the dogs!! 

6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? The mind

7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die? Given that both of my folks died of COPD, and that my mom  had cancer, twice, and they both had heart attacks, if someone doesn't kill me first, I am going to guess a health related problem. 

8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. we both are Christians, we love our alone time, we are both working towards a common goal of security. NOW if I could choose what a partner and I would have in common, it would be  a love for the Lord, lots and lots of laughter and kissing and PDA, and loving to be held. Lost that  ...

9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? Security

10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? My parents would have been more loving. Touching. Hugging. Supportive, like when I had a job at TWA in Pittsburgh, and my dad said " no way are you moving to Pittsburgh"... I wish they would have been excited for me, and encouraged me to GO BIG and then help me to find my way. I wish they were more caring in a physical way, than a disciplinary way. I wish, above all, they loved each other. 
Parents have no idea how they can ruin their children that are in need of direction. My sister and brother, they were strong, and did what THEY wanted, as far as a career went. My parents approval ... I was an a-hole. 

11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible. He knows it. We were  married 20 years. Shacked 5 years prev. ... nothing left to tell! 

12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? I would be confident  of myself and my decisions. 57 years of f-king up... kind of keeps you down sometimes. 


Set Two

1. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know? When I am going to die.

2. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? I cannot even talk about it. 

3. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? Making it 57 years!!

4. What do you value most in a friendship? Every aspect of friendship, I value. Honesty, keeping in touch, seeing each other at LEAST once or twice a  mo nth. Long phone calls just to catch up in between. Letting each other know that you are there for each other any time of the day or n ight. 

5. What is your most treasured memory? When all 4 girls were little, and our trips to Volant and dinner after shopping with my sister and mom and the girls. Another treasured memory is my first real date after 5 years. He is freaking gorgeous, and tender and man, when he held and kissed me... totally different memories, but both i will carry with me forever. 

6. What is your most terrible memory? When my mom beat me , and threw me into the basement and kept me there for 4 days. I was in the 6th grade.  I will never forget that. Never. 

7. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why? I really don't know that I can answer that... well, I can. I would be more involved with the homeless and the women that are seeking abortions. I would want to share Jesus with everyone, and help them to understand that no matter what CRAP we have in our l ives, no ma tter how we are hurting at the moment, no matter what bad choices we have made in our lives, There is ALWAYS HOPE. Hope, beyond any measure. Hope that  you can only find in Him. And forgiveness. We have all been fucked over by  someone. Someone we love, someone we lived for. Some one at some time. But as time goes on, its alright. Its amazing how you can  truly grow from pain. From deception. From lies. From anything you have ever experienced in your life, you can grow like you could never imagine, with the Lord, and with HOPE. Even with my mom, and our rollercoaster life, I grew from that. I promised myself I would never be as she was. Never speak to a child as she has. Never .... never. 

8. What does friendship mean to you? Love. Love in a totally different way than we 'speak' of love. Love that treasures each moment of our time together. I have  friends that I don't see OFTEN, but we stay in touch a few times a week. Its laughter and tears and love.

9. What roles do love and affection play in your life? My loves are my nieces. Affection... well, lets get on to the next question.

10. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items. He  loves the Lord. He is giving. He is loving. He looks out for everyone. He takes care of me. 

11. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s? My family is close. We are very tight knit, but warm... And as far as my childhood goes... read the next question's answer. 

12. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother? "do you know why I have hated you since you were  four"... that is a question she asked me right after moving in with me when my dad passed away. Does that tell you anything? 


Set Three
1. Make three true “we” statements each. For instance, “We are both in this room feeling …” Content

2. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share …” spontaneous and loving relationship. That loved me in a passionate way, not just a comfortable way. 

3. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know. That i have feelings, too. 

4. Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met. How you have changed since we were married the first time

5. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life. I can't think of any off hand. 

6. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself? I cried at our small group a few weeks ago. I am crying now. 

7. Tell your partner something that you like about them already. 

8. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about? serious illness. 

9. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet? That I was in love with them. And... Well, they know. 

10. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why? As long as I have my pets, nothing else matters. 

11. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why? My dad's WAS the most disturbing. FINALLY we were where we should have been all our life. WOULD find..my nieces. I love them more than any words could ever tell. Unconditionally. 


12. Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how he or she might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen.  can't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment