Monday, November 30, 2015

What Really Matters

“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” Friedrich Nietzsche
We don’t have to be wealthy, educated, or important people to make a significant difference in the world. We’ve all effected more people and have done more good than we realize because we are all connected.
It doesn’t matter
It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks
It doesn’t matter that my car is 12 years old
It doesn’t matter I lost twenty five pounds
It doesn’t matter that I eat breakfast for dinner
It doesn’t matter if I have a bad hair day
It doesn’t matter that you forgot my birthday
It doesn’t matter that I came in last
It doesn’t matter what someone thinks of my family
It doesn’t matter if I leave dishes in the sink at night
It doesn’t matter how much money we have
It doesn’t matter that I’m short and your tall
It doesn’t matter the color of your skin
It doesn’t matter I made a mistake
It doesn’t matter what I did in my past
It doesn’t matter if you have the last word
It doesn’t matter if I don’t get my way
It doesn’t matter if you disagree with me
It matters…
It matters that I practice what I preach
It matters that I kissed him goodbye
It matters that I have compassion
It matters that I spoke kind words
It matters that I made someone smile
It matters that I spend time with family
It matters that I love my friends
It matters that I’m here to listen
It matters that I’m here to help
It matters that I forgive and forget
It matters that I am a happy person

It matters how I spend my money
It matters how I treat the earth
It matters that I am healthy and happy
It matters that I’m willing to give
It matters that I do what I enjoy
It matters that I see good in everyone
It matters that I spend time in nature
It matters how I spend my time
It matters how I spend my energy
It matters that I have integrity
It matters all the people I touch on my way
It matters that I care deeply
It matters that I want to make the world a better place
It matters that I want to make a difference
What matters most is honesty

Just a very simple two-word question —”What matters?”—can change your path in life and effect the lives of people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment