Sunday, July 12, 2015

One Proud Aunt!!

Sport Business Grads Receive Positions with Pro Teams

June 02, 2015
By Abigail Esposito
ALLIANCE, Ohio – Two recent University of Mount Union sport business graduates are among many who scored exceptional positions with professional sports teams following graduation in May.
This year’s sport business graduates obtained positions with numerous organizations including the Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Heat, Minnesota Timberwolves, National Sports Forum and Major League Soccer.

Gina Wall, a senior sport business major and psychology and art minor of Warren, Ohio, earned a position as an account executive in the sales department for the Cleveland Cavaliers following attendance at the Sport Sales Workshop and Job Fair held in Cleveland in February.
“It's always been my biggest dream to work for the Cleveland Cavaliers from the minute I stepped into their front office,” Wall said. “I remember like it was yesterday when Dr. Lori Braa asked me what my biggest dream was. I told her it was to work for the Cavs and her response was: ‘let's figure out away to get you in there.’”

Senior sport business major Briana Harris of Boardman, Ohio earned a position as an account executive of group ticket sales for the Miami Heat, also through attendance at the Sport Sales Workshop and Job Fair.

“Before the event, I had seven pre-scheduled interviews and by the end of the weekend I had interviewed with 18 different professional sport organizations across the United States,” Harris said. “After negotiating several offers, I found the Miami Heat to be the best fit for me.”

With a minor in communication studies and a concentration in marketing in addition to her sport business major, Harris has a knack for working with people.

“I love sport business because it allows me to be a part of an extremely well-connected network,” Harris said. “The industry is centered on service and providing the ultimate fan experiences. Bringing others happiness and some of their best memories is why I chose this field.”

Wall noted that her professors fostered and shaped her passion for her major.

No comments:

Post a Comment