Friday, February 27, 2015

Saturday Nine :)

Stop! In the Name of Love
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Stop! In the Name of Love (1965)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) When this song was popular, the Supremes were known for their long gloves and full-length gowns. When was the last time you got dressed up?
My sister in laws funeral last month 2) With a record 12 #1 hits, the Supremes remain America's best-selling vocal group. This must have been hard for Betty McGlown, the fourth Supreme, who left the group before they recorded their first song. Can you think of an opportunity you missed?
Yes. I should have spoken up and said NO instead of moving back to OH from CA
3) When "the girls" (Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Flo Ballard) first started hanging around Motown, founder Berry Gordy was reluctant to let them record. After all, they were still in high school. They refused to give up and eventually convinced him to let them add hand claps and finally back up vocals to recordings by other Motown artists. Tell us about a time when your persistence paid off.
I stayed in college, even though I was tempted to drop out when my mom passed away. I graduated ... even at 55 I still had it. 4) 50 years after its release, "Stop! In the Name of Love" is one of the most popular karaoke songs. Do you know the lyrics?
Yep.
5) There's a children's playground named in Diana Ross' honor within New York's Central Park. It includes swings, slides, rope bridges and a fountain. When you played in the park, what did you run to first?
The teeter totter!
6) Diana stumbled in her high heels and broke her ankle as she left the stage after a November 2012 concert. What do you have on your feet right now?
as I am all the time in the house, I am barefoot. 7) Ever the trooper, she honored her commitment to perform at a White House-sponsored Christmas concert just weeks later, even though her leg was still in a cast. Tell us about a time when you "played hurt."
Hmmmmmm
8) Young Diana Ross was a good student and a tough competitor who made her school's swim team. Are you a good swimmer?
Very good 9) Diana's older sister, Dr. Barbara Ross-Lee, was the first African American woman to be appointed dean of an American medical school. Decades ago, Barbara juggled post-graduate studies and raising small children. Are you good at multi-tasking?
Aren't ALL women!!!

10 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your sister in law. I didn't originally think of a funeral as a dress-up time but you're absolutely right, it's one of those occasions when how we dress is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also sorry that your last excuse to gussie up was for a sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss. But congrats on the diploma. I love higher education.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep thinking that I am going to back to school again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know several women who SUCK at multitasking. I have no idea how one manages being mom to three kids because she never remembers SHIT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too suffer from CRS, hahahaha. Maybe its an OLD woman thing ;)

      Delete
  6. I hope I still have it at 55.........well, even finding it would be a miracle..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will. Its AMAZING how we women endure. xoxo

      Delete