Saturday, November 29, 2014

saturday nine


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



Saturday 9: Paint It Black (1966)
Not familiar with this week's song? Hear it here.


1) This song was chosen because yesterday was Black Friday, the traditional day of sales. Have you begun your Christmas shopping? 
Nope. I wait til Christmas Eve
2) Are there any Thanksgiving leftovers in your refrigerator right now?  
No, I didn't bring anything home.
3) AAA says Thanksgiving is a big travel weekend. Did you venture far from home for your holiday dinner?  
About 4 miles down the road to my sisters h ouse!
4) Keith Richards likes France but, alas, the French authorities haven't always been fond of him and his criminal record. Have you ever been to France?  
Not yet!
5) Mick Jagger jokes that, to be polite to fellow hotel guests, he always finishes trashing his room by 10:00 PM. What kind of hotel/motel guest are you? Are you rockstar rambunctious, or are you quiet? Are you neat? Have you stolen any towels, bathrobes, etc.?  
I am sure about a towel.
6) Mick Jagger got his financial savvy as a student at the London School of Economics. Are you good with money?
If I ever HAVE  money, i'll let you know.
7) In the early 1990s, a then little-known actress named Angelina Jolie appeared in a Rolling Stones video ("Anybody Seen My Baby?"). Name an Angelina Jolie movie.
who?
8) In the early 1960s, the Stones nearly avoided tragedy when their tour bus skidded off a bridge. Tell us about a near miss you're thankful for. 
eh, its a long story and its one am. so another time another meme.
9) In 1966, when this week's song was popular, CBS telecast How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the first time. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss story?

8 comments:

  1. Come on, for real? You don't know who Angelina Jolie is? I don't believe you! (PS Thanks for the kind comment on my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of her. Doesn't she adopt kids from other countries? I'm not much of a stargazer, but to my knowledge, I haven't heard of a movie by her. Or with her.

      Delete
  2. One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is the leftovers! Although, this year I sent a LOT home with people. I didn't want to be tempted to eat any more of some stuff than I already did. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really trying to change this awful eating pattern I have developed. Better that those mashed potatoes stayed with my sister, or I would have those devoured :)

      Delete
  3. I should have said the same thing for #6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on a fixed income and sometimes...mostly, I run out of cash before I run out of wants/needs.

      Delete
  4. I can't imagine waiting until Christmas Eve to do my shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After this year, and knowing how my finances are, I think I am going to try and purchase one gift a month for next year. Then I will be through when Thanksgiving comes.

      Delete