Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Welcome to My Nightmare (1975)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Tell us about a bad dream you've had.
I had a dream the other night that I was forced to eat a box of cocaine. ugh! I've never even SEEN that except on COPS!
2) Sam is not crazy about spiders. What frightens you, or gives you "the creeps?"
When I smell cigs outside. None of my neighbors or myself smoke, so I know someone is out and about walking around the houses. 3) This week's featured artist, Alice Cooper, has always liked to dress up. Performing as Alice, he wears garish eye makeup. In his first group, he and his bandmates dressed as the Beatles. Will you be wearing a costume this weekend?
4) Alice says his makeup was inspired by Bette Davis in his favorite horror movie, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? This Halloween weekend, will you seek out horror movies and scary TV shows, or will you avoid them?
I watched them all on TV this past week.
5) Born Vincent Furnier, Alice used to tell reporters that he and his band got the name Alice Cooper from a Oujia board. Have you ever tried a Oujia board?
Once. They scare me.
6) Alice and his band (also called Alice Cooper) were discovered by music manager Shep Gordon while playing in Venice, California. Have you ever visited Venice, California or Venice, Italy?
I used to live outside of Los Angeles. We went to Venice CA all the time. I miss that.
7) In 1970s England, a morality campaigner named Mary Whitehouse persuaded the BBC to ban Alice Cooper. The ensuing publicity resulted in such a bump in record sales that Alice sent Ms. Whitehouse flowers. Do you believe in censorship? Or should adults be able to choose to see/hear whatever they wish?
In my HUMBLE opinion, I believe things like Porn, and Rap ruin lives and marriages. I feel they are degrading and just horrible. BUT, that being said... how do you convince people of that, and I may be the only one in the world that thinks that. I guess if someone told me I could no longer read my bible or listen to Christian or Country music, I wouldn't go for that. idk.
8) Today Alice has a popular syndicated radio show, Nights with Alice Cooper. Listeners all over the United States, Germany, Denmark, New Zealand, and the UK hear him introduced as, "a man for whom even Dr. Phil has no cure." Do you watch Dr. Phil?
I do. 9) Did you get many trick or treaters this year? What candy did you give them?
I take the 'kids' and go out. The trick or treaters would drive them bananas.