Saturday 9: Rocky Mountain High (1975)
... because Bev recommended John Denver
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Denver sings that he was "born in the summer of his 27th year," because that's when he discovered the place where he felt most at home. What do you remember about your 27th year? (If it hasn't happened yet, what do you want to happen when you're 27?)
I was busy raising my 2 step kids, and my girlfriends daughter. Life was good!
2) In 2007, the Colorado General Assembly named this one of the state's two official songs. (The other is "Where the Columbines Grow.") Do you know your state song?
I guess I didn't even realize states HAD a song!!
3) John Denver was a dedicated environmentalist who wrote an anthem about Earth Day. Are you careful about your energy consumption? Do you recycle?
4) 1975 is also the year that Denver released a collection of holiday songs called Rocky Mountain Christmas. On this August day, what's the first carol that comes to mind?
The First Noel
The First Noel
5) Denver dabbled in photography in his spare time and friends say he was quite good. Tell us about your hobbies.
Also photography, love taking pictures. Writing. I am starting my first book. Just in 'blogform' right now...and probably for many years!
6) In 1975, when this song was popular, mood rings were all the rage. It was said that the ring reflected the wearer's mood. Black = anxious/stressed, orange = worried, green = normal, blue = happy, pink = as good as it gets. As you respond to this week's Saturday 9, what color would your mood ring be?
7) Pet Rocks were 1975's other odd cultural phenomenon. Do you have any real-life, breathing pets?
8) 1975 saw the premiere of Wheel of Fortune. Are you good at word puzzles?
Lets go with 'No'.
9) Random question: Did you sleep well last night?