Saturday 9: Crazy Little Thing Called Love (1980)
... because Diana suggested Queen
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this video, Queen lead singer Freddie Mercury is wearing a leather jacket. Do you have a leather jacket?
2) There's a statue of Freddie in Switzerland. There's another statue of him above the Dominion Theater in London. Tell us about a statue or memorial in your town.
Going into the park there is a statue of Volney Rogers
3) Mercury said this song was inspired by Elvis Presley. What's your favorite Elvis song?
I Can't Help Falling In Love With You
4) This song was covered by the animated Alvin and the Chipmunks. Do you still watch cartoons?
Sometimes I will stop on Fairly Odd Parents, or SpongeBob, but all we have are these or 'action' cartoons, or xxx rated cartoons. So, not so often as if we had Tom and Jerry or the Jetsons!
5) The members of Queen met while attending Ealing Art College in London. Are you still in touch with the friends you had in your late teens and early 20s?
Every day! We go to dinner twice a month, we sit around the pool at least 3 times a week, and with my friend Debbie, I just go over and hang out on Friday afternoons. I love my old time friends
6) During Queen's hey day in the 1980s, Mercury stayed in shape with tennis and swimming. Are you more accomplished on the court or in the pool?
In the 70's I could kick some serious a$$ on the tennis courts. In fact when Paul and I lived together in the late 70s and early 80s we looked for an apartment with tennis courts. A pool was on the list, but not as important as the courts. ~ Now, I float around the pool.
7) In 1980, when this song was popular, Brooke Shields made a jeans commercial where she said, "Nothing comes between me and Calvins." It actually only aired for a short time because so many viewers called and complained about it. Have you ever called or emailed to protest something you saw on TV?
I still do!!
8) 1980 is also the year the Post-It note was introduced. What's the last Post-It you wrote?
"Jen"... my friend Jen is taking my dishes when I move. I have everything that everyone wants Post It Noted :)
9) Random question: Do you blush easily?
Very. Its a reason I try not to lie. When I am not being exactly truthful, my neck and face look like a tomato!!