June 26, 2013"Nerve-worthy" Hodgepodge?
1. Summertime is a season of reunions, weddings, and other family celebrations and gatherings...are any of the above on your calendar in the next two months?
~ Since the aunts and uncles and parents are all gone, we don't seem to have yearly reunions anymore. I think its sad, and after thinking about it, I think I will throw together a BBQ reunion later this summer. I do have 3 wedding$ coming up. 2 in July and 1 in August. People should get married in the fall and winter, so I don't have to put on nylons in the summer!!
2. June is National Iced Tea Month...are you an iced tea drinker? If so, how do you like yours (sweet, flavored, etc)?
~ I drink iced tea CONSTANTLY. I like it strong, lots of ice and tons of fresh lemons.
3. When were you last nervous? Looking back, was the 'event' actually nerve-worthy?
~ Monday when our Critical Thinking Portfolio grades were to be posted. I love that class, but her and I (the teacher) are on separate poles when it comes to opinions on things. But, no, I aced it. :)
4. The bristle toothbrush was invented in China on June 26, 1498...not sure how that date was pinned down so precisely but, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being sick to your stomach and 1 being not at all, how nervous do you feel when you're headed to the dentist? Do you see your dentist twice a year?
~ I love it. Being uninsured its ONLY twice a year that I see him.
5. What's making news in your town this week?
~ MY TOWN? Nada. 3 blocks over in Youngstown? Holy Crap the guns and the teens and the gangs on South Ave. make me truly consider home security. Or a gun.
6. Curtains, drapes, blinds...your window treatment of choice? Are there any bare windows in your house? Is that by choice or because you haven't gotten around to covering them?
~ There are no bare windows, and as soon as the painting is done I am having white fake wood blinds put in the living room, kitchen and dining room.
7. Summertime is officially here (in the Northern hemisphere anyway)...what one song is a must-have on your summer play list?
~ She thinks my tractor's sexy!!!!! And Springsteen!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ After this crazy sick month, I am relieved to say that I am feeling good for the second day in a row! For me, that is a great thing. I am grateful for everyone that has been working around my house. My yard is finished, for the most part ( I have some personal touches I want to do), my trees are cut down and boy does that look weird when I sit in the dining room, my inside of the house is getting painted and tomorrow my Casey goes in for her cherry eye surgery. I can only say "thank You Lord, for Your provisions in my life. Thank You for the parents, who planned so far ahead that they were even able to do great things for their kids when the time came. Thank You for all the people, past and present that you have brought into my life, for each one of them has made me the woman I am today. It took me 55 years to be able to say that.