Saturday 9: Five O'Clock World (1966)Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1. Think back to Friday. Did it fly by? Or did you find yourself checking the clock and wishing it was 5:00?
That was today, and yes it did fly by, after grocery shopping!
2. This song refers to the 5:00 whistle that signifies the end of the work day. What's the last whistle, alarm or buzzer you heard?
My alarm at 7 am. breakfast with a girlfriend today
3. In the 1960s, the Vogues often appeared on TV variety shows to promote their record albums. Do you have the TV on now, as you answer these questions?
No TV, just some Paul Simon on I Heart and my hubs is in the shower.
4. "Vogue" means "popular or fashionable." Tell us about something that you feel is in vogue today.
Hmmmmm. I'll probably go with Uggs, since its winter
5. Vogue magazine reported that the big Fall/Winter trend was brocade. Describe the latest addition to your Fall/Winter wardrobe.
Wardrobe??? hahahah. I bought 3 bras last week.
6. Vogue editor Anna Wintour is such a difficult boss that disgruntled employees nicknamed her "Nuclear Wintour." What qualities do you think make a good boss?
Be a boss, not a buddy. And when you are reprimanding, take it to another room.
7. Ms. Wintour was rumored to be the inspiration for the character of Amanda in the book and movie, The Devil Wears Prada. Did you receive any books or movies for Christmas 2015? Did you receive any gift cards that you then used for books or movies?
I got a Barnes and Noble gc. My favorite store for tea and 'moseying'
8. "Vogue" was also a dance, made famous by Madonna in her 1990 hit by the same name. Can you name another Madonna song?
Like a Virgin is the only song that comes to mind.