Saturday 9: The One You Love (1982)
In memory of Glenn Frey (1948-2016).
1) In this song, Glenn explores one of the great romantic conundrums. This week, Saturday 9 is confronting it, too. If you had to choose, would you prefer to be loved, or to be in love?
Loved. Being in love carries too much risk. Ask an expert!
2) The song describes an awkward moment: an old boyfriend calls when a woman is on a date with someone new. To whom did you last say, "I can't talk now?"
Paul, I was sitting in the doctors office
3) The lyrics talk about heart vs head. When you find yourself in that predicament, which usually wins -- heart or head?
Neither... they both suck!!! ;)
4) This song was from Glenn Frey's solo album, No Fun Aloud. What fun stuff are you looking forward to this weekend?
Paul getting home. Not living at the hospital or nursing home.
5) Glenn Frey was born in Royal Oak, a suburb of Detroit. The Motor City is known for car manufacturing. Is your car domestic or foreign?
6) The popular 1990s sitcom Home Improvement was set in Royal Oak. Are you handy around the house?
When given the time and the correct tools...
7) Glenn Frey co-founded The Eagles in 1970. What's your favorite Eagles song?
8) The Eagles helped define "California Rock," but in recent years Glenn and his wife lived in Tribeca. Have you ever been to New York? If so, did you like it?
Yes, and Yes...i wish I had the gonads to have gone there in my 20s.
9) Glenn wrote "Smuggler's Blues" and "You Belong to the City" for the iconic 1980s TV show, Miami Vice. What else comes to mind when you think of the 80s?
Raising 5 kids :) My best job ever. None were mine, but I loved each one like they were. Still do...