Saturday, January 30, 2016
Saturday 9: Don't You Care? (1967)
1) What's something that seems to fascinate everyone else, but you just don't care about?
2) The lyrics refer to "the times we cried and laughed." Which did you do more recently, cry or laugh?
seems cry. this knee surgery has been a marriage tester. butt... i have to remember how to be a wife again. This sounds horribly selfish. We were married for 21years, then I was alone for many, then briefly remarried then alone for a long time. Its only been 7 months, trying to get my groove back.
3) In the song, our hero seems surprised that his girlfriend doesn't believe him. Are you more believing and trusting, or suspicious and skeptical?
suspicious. that brief second marriage was somewhat eye opening.
4) This song is just over two minutes long, which seems short for a song but awful long when Sam is waiting for her chicken soup to heat in the microwave. What's the last thing you heated in a microwave?
5) This week's band, The Buckinghams, was one of the first acts to perform at Chicago's premiere summer festival, The Taste of Chicago.* Let's think ahead: Have you made any plans for Summer 2016?
6) In 1967, when this song was popular, Rolling Stone magazine published its first issue. What magazines do you subscribe to? Do they arrive in the mail, or do you read them online?
Southern Living. Diabetic Life. Yankee. Mail.
7) Country star/American Idol judge Keith Urban was born in 1967. Are you watching the final season of American Idol?
8) In 1967, the average cost of a movie ticket was $1.25. By 2015, it had risen $8.60. What's the last movie you saw in a theater?
9) Random question: Sam's taking everyone out to dinner and she's buying. Would you prefer the steak or the lobster?
Laundry Day Meme
Stolen from: Love me some surveys
Do you know any couples that have been married for a very long time?
most all of my highschool friend have been married at least 30 years.
What are you tired of people telling you?
It'll get better.
Which type of ice cream do you prefer?
mint chocolate chip.
Do you have a little sister? What’s her name?
What was the last movie you watched on TV?
idk. my husband is home ... no clicker ;)
If the internet was not available right now, what would you do instead?
Do you complain a lot?
Name a movie that your favorite actor is in.
Do you like your toes?
after a pedi
Would you rather go to an authentic haunted house or an ancient temple?
haunted h ouse
Have you ever had champagne? Did you like it?
yes and yes
Are there any seashells in your room?
I used to live in Southern California, I have tons!
What was the reason for the last time you went outside?
sat on the deck. to regroup.
Do you like fruity or minty gum?
Are you looking forward to any day of this month?
tomorrow. Last day of the month!
What was the last graduation you attended?
My cousins' daughter, last June
Do you rummage through the $5 movie bin at Walmart every time?
What day of the week do you usually do laundry?
Do you like using air fresheners?
Are your nails ever painted red?
When you were a baby, did you have a favorite blanket?
my childhood is a blank. by choice.
Ever been on a cruise?
Would you rather go to Alaska or Russia?
Strawberries or bananas?
Are you wearing socks?
When’s the last time you went to the mall?
a few years ago