Friday, November 27, 2015
Black Is Black
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Black Is Black (1966)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 27, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains?
Didn't even TRY.
2) WalMart, Best Buy, Toys R Us and Target have all heavily advertised their "Black Friday" sales. If you could have a $50 gift card to one of those stores, which would choose? What would you spend the $50 on?
3) Star Wars items are predicted to be big sellers this Black Friday. Are you a big sci-fi fan? Are there any sci-fi fans on your holiday gift list?
No, and no
4) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include pigging out or watching a game?
No, this is family time. My nieces will be going home Sunday, so I
get all the niece time in that I can.
5) At Thanksgiving dinners, Crazy Sam's homemade gravy is always a hit. (Probably because she's so generous with the cognac, which gives the gravy a nutty taste.) Do you have a signature dish?
I always seem to make corn casserole, stuffed shells and Antone's Salad. Which, I love them all and always make some for home, too
6) What did you give thanks for on Thanksgiving 2015?
My family and my friends. My circle is a select few that we would all do anything for each other. Anytime. Thankful.
7) Monday is Cyber Monday, when shoppers can save big online. Do you shop confidently over the Internet, or do you worry about security breaches and identity theft?
I shop online. But lately, my bank acct has been hacked 3 times in this past year. So, now if I don't have the cash, it waits.
8) This week's featured band, Los Bravos, was international. Their members came from both Germany and Spain. If you could travel to any foreign country in the world, which would you choose?
9) The band's name, Los Bravos, can be translated to mean, "The Brave." Do you consider yourself gutsy?
Depends on the situation. I just wrote to my contractor as things are questionable on some of the work I had done. I am expecting a check next week. THAT was gutsy, but usually I am not. I guess you just shouldn't piss me off, or cheat me...or ON me.