Saturday, October 24, 2015

saturday nine

Friday, October 23, 2015

It Don't Come Easy

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: It Don't Come Easy (1971)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.



1) This was Ringo's first big hit as a solo artist. Who is your favorite member of his old, very famous group, The Beatles?
  Ringo, hands down
 
2) In this song, Ringo sings that you have to pay your dues. Do you belong to any organizations that require you to pay dues?
No, can't say that I do!
 
3) He also sings, "you don't have to shout." When did you last raise your voice?
Hahaha, seriously? I have no need to raise my voice!
  4) Ringo has two piercings on each ear and one tattoo on each arm. Do you have more piercings or body art?
  I have 3 piercings ( 2 in one ear, one in the other ) and idk... 12 tats?
 
5) Ringo gave his first wife, Maureen, a one-of-a-kind birthday gift. Frank Sinatra made a recording of "The Lady Is a Tramp" personalized to her. Tell us about one of your most memorable birthday celebrations.
When I turned 50, I was living in CA  . My niece and my best friend were in from OH, and we had dinner at Bubba Gumps on Santa Monica Pier with my ex's wonderful cousins BB and Sean, as well as my mom in law and dad in law. It was memorable. 
  6) Ringo appeared as Mr. Conductor on Thomas the Tank Engine. He recorded the narration for the entire first season in just a week. Tell us what you did last week.
Last week was tough. I had to meet with my dr and we had to discuss operating on my toe, or amputating it. So, Monday I decide. But that was my most outstanding thing I did last week. I did do fun things, too.. Paul and I drove up to Geneva for the day,and my girlfriends and i went to dinner. I sat with a friends mom while she went to the doctors, and had coffee with my cousin. 
  7) Ringo also did the narration for Ladybird children's books. Do you like audiobooks?
I have never used one. I don't think I would..I have to pay attention to what is in my book, so doing something else as well as listening... would never work for me. 
 
8) As a boy in Liverpool, Ringo loved watching American westerns. His passion for the genre is reflected in the outfit he's wearing on the sleeve for "It Don't Come Easy." Do you like cowboy movies/shows?
I LOVE cowboy movies, cowboy shows everything! Years ago they had Cowboy Saturday on TV and I made sure all my chores were done by 1, when it started. 
  9) You know what else don't come easy? Nine questions every week. Crazy Sam has heard it all: this meme asks too many movie questions, too many questions about sports, too many questions that sound familiar ...  OK, now it's your turn. Help a tired meme mistress out. Contribute a random question that is not about movies or sports (pro or collegiate) and has never been asked before on this meme. Sam will compile these for an all-random Saturday 9 in November. That way she'll get a much-appreciated week off. Thanks for your help!

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the audio books, the more I think of it. And glad you had a nice little getaway to Geneva. Sorry about the toe. Wishing you the best possible outcome. Take care, Maire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have come to terms with losing my toe, but there is still a fear of having done!!

      Delete
  2. Yikes. I hope you get the toe issue sorted out. That sounds very scary. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a fun 50th. Not so much for me I am sad to say.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your toe, and wish you speedy healing.

    ReplyDelete