Saturday 9: Time for Me to Fly (1978)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
2) Think back to your last flight. Was it pleasant, stressful, or just uneventful?
Pleasant. My brother and sister and I flew to the ATL.
3) According to the Airports Council International, the world’s busiest airport is Atlanta's Hartsfield. Have you ever been to Atlanta?
4) This week’s featured band, REO Speedwagon, took their name from a truck. Have you ever driven a truck?
I drive my brother's Ford 250 once in awhile. I think I am badass when I do!
5) REO Speedwagon got their start in Champaign, Illinois, which is home to the U of I campus and, consequently, many bars. One of the most popular is the Blind Pig on Walnut Street. Give us the name of the bar, club or restaurant where you met up with friends in your younger days.
Tony's Hideaway. Mickeys. Orange Room and The Tomorrow Club
6) Recently, lead singer Kevin Cronin appeared on an infomercial, hawking TimeLife’s two CD set of Ultimate Rock Ballads. Have you ever purchased anything from TV?
I bought a limb cutter from QVC and something from HSN, but i can't remember what
7) This song is from the CD, You Can Tune a Piano, but You Can’t Tunafish. Is there a can of tuna in your kitchen right now?
About 6 of them. Brenden LOVES Antone's salads in his lunch
8) You Can Tuna Piano, but You Can’t Tunafish is available on eBay on vinyl, CD, cassette and 8 track. Did you have an 8 track player?
No, but my friends did.
9) In 1978, when this song was popular, the first Susan B. Anthony Dollar was minted. How much do you have in coins in your wallet right now?
About $5 in change. I have to wash my quilt next week.