Friday, July 17, 2015

Both In Life and In Death... Friends Remain.

This is my friend Dan. We met at rehab when I had my shoulder done. We would sit together every day and chit chat about Chaney. He graduated before I did, but we knew everyone ( two of our therapists graduated from Chaney too, both our age) from school and we looked forward to sharing dumb ole recipes and horror stories about the teachers and janitors alike!! I used to feel guilty , too. Dan had so many health issues and hardships, but he was at rehab every day, paid for it himself because he "Wasn't taking any handouts". He worked 6 days ( actually midnights, so he could come to rehab in the morning) at Giant Eagle and LOVED LIFE. Never EVER did he complain!! About ANYTHING!!

Dan went home to be with the Lord. My heart is broken. My friend is gone.
My heart is also filled with Joy! Dan knew the Lord, and Dan accepted all of the pain and trials he lived through  this life as a 'thorn from God'.  "Thank You for this thorn, embedded in my flesh." He would say. A lyric from Twila Paris:


Thank you for this torn embedded in my flesh
I can feel the mystery, my spirit is made fresh
You are sovereign still and forever wise
I can see the miracle opening my eyes
 
To a proud heart so quick to judge
Laying down crosses and carrying grudges
The veil has been torn
And I thank you for this thorn
 
Thank you for this thorn fellowship of pain
Teaching me to know you more never to complain
Thank You for this love planted in my side
Faithful patient miracle opening my eyes
 
I never thought I'd say it without reservation
But I am truly grateful for this piercing revelation
Of a proud heart so quick to judge
Laying down crosses and carrying grudges
The veil has been torn
And I thank you for this thorn
 
And if You chose to take it, I will praise You
And thank You for the healing in Your name
But if it must remain, I thank You for Your rod
Evidence of Father-love for a child of God
I join You in sorrow
So much less than You have borne

 And I thank you, really I thank You
Lord I thank You, I thank You for this thorn
 

 
 
 
 
DANIEL J. PECCHIO JR YOUNGSTOWN

– There will be a Mass of Christian Burial held at noon on Saturday, July 18, 2015, at St. Christine Church for Daniel J. Pecchio Jr. “Dan” was born Aug. 2, 1956, in Youngstown, a son of Daniel J. Pecchio and Julia M. Barbone Pecchio.

He was a retail clerk at Giant Eagle for over 20 years and was a member of the church and AARP. He was a graduate of Chaney High School and attended the Youngstown State University. Spending time with his family and friends is what he enjoyed the most.

 Dan was an easy going guy, who took life’s hard lumps as they came without complaining. Though he had medical issues, he didn’t let them stand in his way. Not expected to live at birth, or walk thereafter, he surprised all by doing just that with the help of Dr. Segal and Dr. Geordan and all his many great friends and great family members along the way.

  Dan was a hopeful person who never gave up and fought until he had no fight left to give. Even though Dan had many of his own troubles, he brought joy and happiness to those his life touched.

 He is survived by his brother, David C. Pecchio; uncle Carmen Barbone; and cousins Carla Barbone, Sheryl Kelty, Rose Marie and Carmen, Jim and Linda, Ernie and Nancy, Norma and Joe, Lana and Roger, Anthony and Maryann, and Theresa and Jack. Among others are Bob and Andria and Mrs. Patton, Jim and Jo Lynn, Ed and Sherry, Dave and Cindy and Gene, Dick and Lenore, Jim and Michele, and Kenny and Deb.

 Family and friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m., today, at the Schiavone Funeral Home. -

No comments:

Post a Comment