Saturday, June 20, 2015

 
 
Happy ONE WEEK ANNIVERSARY Paul​!! I just wanted to take a minute to say THANK YOU for everyone that attended, brought food, brought plants and brought gifts!! It was one eventful day!!
`
I got up last Saturday morning and just couldn't stay up. Back in bed. Pack the car, back in bed. I headed over to m y sister's to pick up things we were taking from the church. I couldn't carry much. I was not feeling good at all! Sweating and shaking. The humidity was awful and my 'sugar' was wreaking havoc with my body. 
`
My sis and I drove to the church first to find Brenden and Rebecca impatiently waiting, but nary a complaint!!  We started unloading, Meg and Rebecca took the reigns and Tommy and I were cutting rolls in the kitchen. I thought I was going to die from heat and exhaustion.
`
My niece Sheila tried to do ANYTHING with my now  out of control frizz I call 'HAIR', but I couldn't stop sweating and shaking! She said 'lets go to the car, put  on the air and do this. As we walked out, guests started arriving. No luck going out there. Our family and friends arrived and everything REALLY looked great. We cooked up a storm the night before, and the appetizers and cookies were to DIE for (thank you!!!).
`
It was time! Get the girls and the kids in line and walk to my husband to be. Then, I thought I was going to FAINT. I couldn't breathe and my clothes were SOAKED.  please don't faint please don't faint please don't faint... my only thoughts. THEN Gary makes me repeat that 'honor and obey' like 98  times!! hahah, I think Paul paid him off!!   We say I Do, we turn around we walk out and I RUN outside and HURL! OMG. Thank God for Paul, who never left  my side. For my nurturing nieces who brought ice and water and back rubs. Thank God for  everyone staying INSIDE   hahahah. After a half an hour of trying to gain attention by throwing up, I compose myself and we go back in.  Everyone was having such a great time!  Laughing and visiting, taking pictures ( IF I ever find my camera, I will share whatever pics Sheila took).  I wasn't a very good hostess, and I apologize. But I thank EVERYONE who chipped in, helped clean up and shared our day.  Not your typical wedding, but OBVIOUSLY, not your typical bride and groom ;) 
`
We left around 6, came back to my house, Paul watched TV and I slept on the couch! He helped me into bed and Sunday morning I asked him to go home (poor guy). I was in bed til Thursday, and my sis and brother in law, Paul and I went and got a sangwich  then Paul dropped me off back home. Haven't been able to plant all of my beautiful flowers, but GOD has been caring for them with all of his blessings RAINING  down on them ;) 
`
I promise, I haven't forgotten about thank you cards and returning baskets and such. But we cherish every one of you that came and made our day amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment