We live at a time when the media celebrates mere external beauty and popularity. To keep up with the trends of fashion and constant societal demands, people try to alter and tailor their lives by hiding what is underneath and exposing people to another false image – one that is masked with makeup. But where are your self-confidence, kindness, and goodness? Here are some things people who do not wear makeup understand.
1. They understand being appreciated for who they areThey are realistic and true to themselves. When they are with people, they don’t have to be worried that they are being stared at for looking like a comic heroine. They can relax and enjoy being appreciated for their natural selves.
2. They can save timeIt takes time to apply make-up and try to look out of the ordinary. All that time can be spent doing something worthwhile, perhaps being punctual and reading an exciting book.
3. They don’t need to satisfy anyoneThey understand that people’s tastes differ. They don’t try to adjust their standards to meet these tastes and look cheap. Rather, they validate their self-worth by looking pleasant and appealing primarily to themselves.
4. They can save moneyLet’s be realistic with ourselves. Beauty products cost money, and most of the time there is no guarantee of a return on investment for the amount you put into it. People who do not use makeup can save money and time doing and trying to pursue other worthy endeavors.
5. They become more appealing in other waysAt face value, perhaps, people will be attracted to you for your appearance. But this is never lasting. What is sustaining are such immaculate qualities like kindness, warmth, and affection. These amazing qualities do not need to be beautified by makeup, but by age and by appreciation of not only yourself, but also the world around you.
6. They can build sustaining relationshipsPeople who do not wear makeup can be who they are and command attention. Whoever is attracted to them is concerned about what is underneath their skin and is comfortable with their total appearance. These kinds of relationships are built to last, since they are not built upon a selfish foundation.
7. They have self-confidenceThey do appreciate what they have in their bodies and their inner selves. They do not lack or try to hide flaws or inferiority. They have dealt with that already and are confident of what they showcase to the world.
8. They can deal with life’s changesWhether we like it or not, we will all be victims of time and age. People who don’t wear makeup refuse to run from this fact. Rather, they can deal with life’s changes and instabilities.
9. They define their own happinessThey know what happiness means. They can relate to the simplicity and amazing details of life rather than the sophistication and luxury that makeup offers. They don’t have to cover anything, especially their glad smile.
10. They do not worry about skin damageThey don’t have to fear or worry about the highly allergenic and harmful ingredients that are contained in many makeup products.
11. They do not need to follow the packThey think independently. They do not need to be victims of what the media propagates, particularly, that you need makeup products to be complete. They are already complete and comfortable with who they are.
12. They can be listened toBecause they have focused on building other aspects of their lives rather than just their facial appearances, other people are more interested in what they have to offer. They are not stared at, but listened to for their inner power and inner beauty.
13. They are treated with respectSince they have confidence and respect, people can relate and identify with their positive energy. They are treated with respect and never abused or considered less than their counterparts.
Featured photo credit: http://www.pixabay.com via pixabay.com