Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Careless Whisper (1984)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) You can't miss George Michael's gold hoops in the photo above or in the "Careless Whisper" video. Are you wearing any jewelry right now?
Just earrings. I never go without earrings.
2) Though the label says this hit is performed by "Wham! featuring George Michael," George Michael is the only member of the pop duo who appears in the video. Do you remember the name of the other guy who was in Wham?
Never heard of WHAM
3) Much of the video was filmed on Watson Island, a man-made island near South Beach. Have you ever been to Miami?
Not yet!! This fall.
4) Born Georgios Panayiotou, George Michael is of Greek descent, the son of the Greek restauranteur in East London. When you think of Greek cuisine, what comes to mind?
5) Today he lives in a tony suburb called Highgate, and his neighbors are Kate Moss and Sting. Tell us about one of your neighbors.
Rick and Linda, they are my age and have to daughters. One works for Hallmark up in Cleveland, and one works as a dentist in CT.
6) George Michael fans can purchase officially licensed merchandise from his website, including an iPhone cover with his photo and signature. Tell us about your cell phone. Is it Apple or Android? Is it a smartphone?
Its a 4 year old cheap ass virgin mobile. Makes and accepts phone calls, and I can text. Thats all I need. OH, and its 25 a month. I would never spend big dollars on a phone.
7) George Michael sang Stevie Wonder's "You and I" for Prince William's wedding to Kate Middleton. What's your favorite love song?
That's All I Need To Know ~ Kenny Chesney
8) In 2014, George had a health scare. He was rushed to the hospital for tests and released the next day. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes, twice. Once when I broke my knee, and one time I would rather not discuss.
9) Known for hard partying in his youth, George is now in his 50s and says he's quite happy to spend his evenings eating takeout and watching DVDs. Are you doing any socializing this weekend?
Probably, i have 5 people coming to buy things I am selling, well 3 2 have been here and left already. Is that socializing ;)