Saturday, October 4, 2014





Saturday, October 4, 2014 

What a beautiful and amazing day its been so far. I LOVE fall. I love everything from the cold breeze that blows through the kitchen window to the ‘snuggle time’ with ‘’the kids’’ and I.  My kids … Spikey. A min pin mix. Grace. A Chihuahua corgi mix. Casey. A teeny tiny Chihuahua wiener mix. And of course, Ms. Phoebe Snow. My miracle kitty. They have been getting used to my new bed and the awesome challenge they all, okay, spikey and grace have in getting up into the bed. P and Casey are more agile than the older ones.
       After a restless night last night, staying up until 3 am, it was about 7 when my first text message buzzed. I happily ignored it, and the next and the next and the next. At 1230, the last one came in and when I realized it was probably later than I planned to sleep, I woke up and I was under the sheets and comforter, as were all the kids. You could smell a fire pit in the air, perhaps a neighbor (illegally) burning leaves. I could hear the neighborhood dogs barking and playing and I woke up in horror!! Today I was going to head out early and get some more fall decorations. We all crawled out of bed, and as I went around closing the windows, I heard the local radio station teasing us with Lady A singing Winter Wonderland! It was snowing. Lightly, but here it came!! As quickly as it arrived, it diminished. My Facebook friends were a-flurry (ahahaha) over such an early snow, as I happily shared Lady A, and posted some awesome winter pics, just to set the mood. I called my ex and told him that we should just stay home today. I would like to stay toasty inside, and that we could do our errands after church tomorrow, or Monday. He agreed so it’s a beautiful day ‘in’ with the kids. I have some chicken and sauce thawing and itll be chicken parm for us.
       The last time we were at Whitehouse Farms, I bought a ton of apples, so fresh apple cake will be on my agenda for the day. One for him one for church and one for my brother. I am ready to bake, and listen to music, and lay on the bed and watch some Netflix.
       I may run to Dunkin for a pumpkin coffee and some munchkins, if I feel the need to put on some old jeans and a sweatshirt. The birds are hanging around, so I will fill all of their feeders and the suet as well. I bought some dried corn cobs for the squirrels and a small hanging bird bath for some water. Fall. No, I don’t do my own leaves anymore. Too old and a few disabilities keep me from that work, but I’ll put my patio away until next spring.
       Funny thing about life… no matter what is going on in our lives, there is always time to sit back and enjoy the good things. Like fall, furkids, pumpkin patches, and Dunkin ;)   
       Enjoy YOUR fall day. Everyday you are making a memory. Make today’s splendid !! 

 

                                  Mair

No comments:

Post a Comment