Saturday 9: Rubber Ducky (1970)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is sung by Muppet Ernie. Who's your favorite Muppet?
2) Ernie became famous on PBS's Sesame Street. What public television shows do you watch?
All the cooking shows. Cooks Country is my fav.
3) When you were a little kid, what was your favorite TV show?
4) On Sesame Street, Ernie frequently teases his best friend Bert by stealing his nose. Do you enjoy practical jokes?
I do, mostly.
5) Sesame Street creators developed carefree Ernie and serious Bert to show children that different types of people can be good friends. Think about your closest friend. Tell us how you two differ.
Well, she prefers women. She is in a relationship. She lights up a room she is so funny. She is more outgoing. 6) Bert and Ernie share a basement apartment on Sesame Street. Tell us about the basement of the building you're in right now.
Its haunted. Seriously. My mom haunts it. Not in a bad way, she throws the hangers off the line. Other than that, its finished on one half, the other is where the washer and drier and ironing board are, and my bathroom is down there. And, my mom.
7) Ernie and Bert were created by Jim Henson. In addition to being an accomplished puppeteer, Mr. Henson was also a talented cartoonist. Can you draw?
8) Jim Henson made his first puppets himself using felt, foam rubber, string and rods -- all items that can be purchased at an arts and crafts store. When is the last time you shopped in an arts and crafts store?
Tonight, when I went to the pet store, I swore I heard Hobby Lobby calling my name. It is fall you know. My favorite decorating time, and my favorite time to send care packages to my college nieces. :)
9) When is the last time you took a bath (as opposed to a shower)?
I am guessing in the 90s. I had a huge claw foot tub. My favorite thing in the world once the kids went to bed, I could just soak. And did!!