Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Birthday Edition



1. I included this quote (attributed to William H. Danforth) in my blog post yesterday... "The best cure for a sluggish mind is to disturb it's routine." When was the last time you 'disturbed your routine' and how'd you do it?
~ I seriously don't have a routine! I help my sluggish mind by studying and reading. Seems anymore though, my mind is always in sluggish mode.

2. What's your favorite fried food indulgence?
~ I actually have 2, but one is now gone. 1 would be fried zucchini wedges from Farmer Boys. Yummy, but now a-days when I do have fried food, fried pickles are my food of choice.

3. Did you have an allowance as a kid? What did you do with it? Do you give your own kids an allowance?
~ I don't really remember my childhood. And we did give our kids allowances. We kept a chore board downstairs and it ran for a 2 week period. So when they checked off completed chores, they received an allowance.

4. What's something you wish you knew more about?
~ food cost

5. Is there anything you feel too old to do anymore? If so, what?
~ I have been feeling really old lately. I haven't been feeling good at all, so yep, everything!! hahaha

6. What's a song you think has a great first line?
~ Springsteen, by Eric Church.

To this day when I hear that song
I see you standing there on that lawn
Discount shades, store bought tan,
Flip flops and cut off jeans





7. Who are you writing to/for when you create a blog post? In other words...as you write, who is the audience in your head?
~ me. sometimes I need to vent, or celebrate or talk about things that I really wouldn't discuss on Facebook. Too many people that I love on there and don't really want to know things that are bothering me, or health issues that I haven't really shared with anyone in my family. I want to deal with them in my own time. They don't need to read it on the internet. I know a few ppl that read my blog, but to this day I have no idea why, but mostly its for me. And of course, Jim!!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ Today is my last day of this term. I did not prepare very well for this test because business kind of over took my life for the past 2 weeks. I cannot seem to focus on 2 things at one time and that worries me. Next term starts in 2 weeks. THAT worries me as I have Accounting I, Microsoft Word, and Business Law. 3 very demanding classes. The work study program has been cut, so I will have to work at Tippi in the evenings, if there is room available, and I really want to take a Tai Chi class on Thursdays. I thought maybe that would help me with concentration. I have made some big changes in my life over the past week. Changes that keep me awake, still and I wonder if they were good ones or not so good ones. I guess I am having a little 'mini crisis'. Plus my 2 nieces are off to college. I'm tired, overwhelmed, a little confused and kind of emotional right now. Mostly overwhelmed and that is not good for me. Hopefully these next 2 weeks will help me clear my head.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I think I would welcome a sluggish mind.
    2. Pomme frites when I was in Germany (French Fries)
    3. Yes, spend, yes
    4. Tomorrow
    5. Not too old (even though I am 61) just not enough opportunity. Like the song goes, it takes all night long to do what I use to do all night long
    6. Too many songs to pick from
    7. I am happy to know you write to share with me. It is wonderful to have someone who will listen and accept who we are.
    8. What is Tippi? As for making a decision---make it and move forward. Never look back. You can second guess yourself forever. Be it right or be it wrong, it has been made.

    Take care Mair.

    Your friend,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did I just see these?? The food cost thing is about my biscuits. I want to make sure I am making a profit. And Tippi is Tippecanoe Country Club. I have worked there since 79 and now I am down to 1 day a week. I'm glad you are out there, too.

      Delete